Hear-Better.Com Digital Hearing Aids Frequently Asked Questions
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with your hearing aid, you have 60 days from the date of purchase to return it. The reason for this long trial period is that medical studies have shown that it takes approximately 3-4 weeks for someone to get used to the sounds of new hearing aids (even ones costing thousands of dollars!). If after trying them for 21 days you don't feel that your hearing aid are the best value in hearing aids, you may return them. You will receive a FULL REFUND of the purchase price. Return requests prior to trying the hearing aids for 21 days will incur a ten percent restocking fee.
You will need a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to returning any products.
Phone (Toll Free): 877-572-9428 (Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm Central Time), or
What is the warranty on your hearing aids?
Our Hearing Aids are covered against defects in materials and workmanship for 90 days from the day you receive your order (just pay a $20 priority return shipping and headeling fee). If at our examination it is determined that the unit failed to work due to parts, materials, or workmanship we will repair or replace it. Protect your hearing aid from ALL types of unexpected or accidental damage with our Extended Warranty(can be added during checkout).
How Do I Open the battery door?
Push up the plastic lip located at the bottom corner of the hearing aid:
Why are our prices on digital hearing aids so low?
Our prices are so low because:
1. We buy new, first quality hearing aids directly from the manufactures.
2. We have a small warehouse near Philadelphia, we do not have the overhead cost like most hearing aid sellers and fitters.
3. We keep our profit margins low so we can sell more hearing aids.
4. Because we cannot actually evaluate your hearing loss and know for sure how our hearing aids will work for you, we offer our customers a 60 day no questions asked full refund return policy.
5. All packages are ship within 24 hours via USP, insuring your order arrives as quickly as possibly. Tracking numbers will be sent allowing customers to track the progress of their order (if you do not receive your tracking number check your SPAM / Junk Mail Box).
6. We are Better Business Bureau accreditation to assure our customers that we are a reputable company that sells quality products and follows the BBB code of ethics.
What is the Difference between our hearing aids?
Siemens Digital Touching is our most popular hearing aid, it is the smallest, lightest, and highest quality digital hearing aid for mild to severe loss. It has an adjustment to add and subtract base and has multiple sound modes (soft and loud). It is manufactured by Siemens the largest hearing aid manufacture in the world.
Siemens Digital Lotus SP is highest quality hearing aid for severe to profound hearing loss. It has an advanced digital processor/computer. It is very powerful and should only be used for severe to profound hearing loss. It is larger than the Touching and comes with several adjustments: base (amount of low frequencies amplified), gain (the volume control range), automatic gain (dampens very loud sounds). It is manufactured by Siemens the largest hearing aid manufacture in the world.
Trimmers are small dials that adjust different features on digital hearing aids like amount of base amplified, amount of background noise amplified.
Trimmers adjustments can be helpful because most people in America lose their ability to hear higher frequencies.
How long should my batteries last in my hearing aid(s)?
Battery life depends on, the hearing aid, battery type (Zinc-Air v Alkaline), amount of use each day, trimmers settings, and volume setting.
The battery life can have a wide range from a few days to a couple weeks.
Generally our hearing aids that have in ear speakers use batteries a little faster.
For longest battery life we recommend that you:
- Make sure your hearing aid is off when they are not in use.
- Use Zinc-Air batteries (Zinc-Air batteries last the longest however, once activated (the tab covering is removed) they must be used and not stored).
Siemens Digital Lotus SP Modes:
The Siemens Digital Lotus SP has two modes:
The first is normal mode should be used for most occasions.
- The second mode is inductance mode. It is designed to be used with inductance equipment like a telephone.
An increasingly common application is for providing hearing aid-compatible "assistive listening" telecoil. In this application a loop or series of loops is used to provide an audio frequency oscillating magnetic field in an area where a hearing aid user may be present. Many hearing aids contain a telecoil which allows the user to receive and hear the magnetic field and remove the normal audio signal provided from the hearing aid microphone site. These loops are often referred to as a hearing loop or Audio induction loop.
Can you adjust our hearing aid?
Currently all our hearing aids are self adjustable.
Can our hearing aid work with glasses?
Our hearing aids work fine with glasses. The behind the ear hearing aids work best if you put your glasses closer to you head and the hearing aid closer to your ear.
We have additional information about hearing aids at our BLOG: