Proper maintenance of your hearing aids is essential to ensure that they last as long as possible. Here are some tips for making sure your hearing aids are well cared for:
1. Clean and inspect your hearing aids regularly - Make sure the microphone, receiver and tubing are free of earwax build-up, dirt or debris. Use a soft, dry cloth to gently wipe them down. Also inspect the hearing aid for any signs of physical damage such as cracks or bends in the casing.
2. Avoid moisture - Moisture can be damaging to your hearing aids and cause corrosion. Make sure to take them off before swimming, bathing or showering. If you get caught in the rain, use a soft cloth to dry them off as soon as possible.
3. Store your hearing aids properly - When not wearing it, store your hearing aid in its case or a sealed container. This will help keep dust, dirt and moisture away from your device.
4. Replace the battery regularly- Make sure you change the batteries regularly to ensure that your hearing aids are working at their best.
5. Visit your audiologist for regular check-ups - Have an audiologist inspect and clean your hearing aid on a regular basis. This will help detect any issues early before they become too serious.
Following these tips can help ensure that your hearing aids last as long as possible. Regular care and maintenance is essential to keep your hearing aids in good working order. If you have any questions or concerns, talk us at Hear-Better.Com for more advice on how to properly care for your hearing aids.