The Benefits of Wearing a Hearing Aid
1. Improved Speech Understanding – Hearing aids can help you understand conversations better, even in noisy environments.
2. Increased Sense of Safety – Wearing a hearing aid can give you more confidence in your daily life by providing improved sound clarity and awareness of your surroundings.
3. Enhanced Social Interactions – With an improved ability to hear conversations, you may find yourself more connected with friends and family than ever before.
4. Emotional Well-Being – Poor hearing can impact relationships and reduce feelings of self-worth, but with a hearing aid these feelings can be improved or eliminated completely.
5. Reduced Cognitive Effort – It takes a significant amount of mental effort to try and decipher speech when you are unable to properly hear it, but with the help of a hearing aid this effort is reduced significantly.
6. Longer Working Life – An inability to hear well may mean having to retire early from certain jobs or may make it difficult to keep up with the demands of certain professions; however, hearing aids have been proven to help sufferers remain employed for longer periods of time.
7. Improved Quality of Life – Studies have shown that those who use hearing aids feel an increased quality of life overall due to an improvement in emotional well-being, relationships, communication abilities and more.
8. Better Sleep Quality– Research suggests that people who use hearing aids experience fewer sleepless nights due to a decrease in intrusive noises keeping them awake during the night time hours.
9. Cardiovascular Health - One study has suggested that using a hearing aid has been linked to better cardiovascular health compared to those who do not wear one at all or only wear one on occasion.
10. Maintaining Independence – By improving communication abilities with others, wearing a hearing aid can go a long way toward helping someone maintain independence as they age.